CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2022 SPECIAL AWARD WINNERS
Best of Age 50-54 Women: Jennifer Banks
Best of Age 50-54 Men: John Doherty
Best of Age 55-59 Women: Janet Lamoureux
Best of Age 55-59 Men: Kendal Shaw
Best of Age 60-64 Women: Linda Bradley
Best of Age 60-64 Men: Oscar Fabra
Best of Age 65-69 Women: Peggy Peck
Best of Age 65-69 Men: Bob Pfeiffer
Best of Age 70-74 Women: Danuta Kubelik
Best of Age 70-74 Men: Ian Larrier
Best of Age 75-79 Women: Dee Perrine
Best of Age 75-79 Men: Larry Boldt
Best of Age 80-84 Women: Carolyn Bolander
Best of Age 80-84 Men: Bill Karjane
Best of Age 85-89 Women: Claudette Braswell
Best of Age 85-89 Men: Gordon Wilson
Best of Age 90-94 Women: Tie – Ethel Lehmann, Runell Klassen, Dorothy Rheinhardt
Best of Age 90-94 Men: Dick Cheney
Best of Age 95-99 Men: Carl Carroll
Outstanding Volunteers: Duane Hopkins, Janet Lamoureux
Outstanding Event Managers: Oler “Goody” Goodlett, Pickleball; Ashleigh Drake, Field Events and Road Race/Walk
Most Represented Senior Communities: 1-200 lots Oak Hammock Retirement Community, Bartow; 200+ lots, Highland Fairways, Lakeland
Stretch Awards: Sonder Hawkins, Broke 3 Records in Track Events; Stevan Hill, Volunteer who went Above and Beyond for the Good of the Games
Oldest Competitor: Joseph Schaefer, age 97
Outstanding Competitors: Janet Lamoureux, John Doherty
FEBRUARY 26 – MARCH 12, 2022
The GREAT NEWS is that there will be a 2022 Polk Senior Games! But they will look very different… here is the plan. We are streamlining the games this year for us all to have a safe experience. We will only offer the outside events.
Entry booklets will be mailed by USPS the first week of January. Send your name and address by email polkseniorgames50@gmail or call 863-533-0055 to be added to the mailing list. Entry information and entry forms to be printed will also be on the website at that time.
The following protocols, guided by the Polk County Health Department and CDC guidelines, must be followed by all participants, spectators, volunteers, and staff attending the events. These policies and procedures are subject to change based on organizational needs and health guidelines.
– Social distancing of 6 feet will be required.
– A well-fitted mask over the nose and mouth will be at check-in and anytime social distancing is not possible. Bring your own mask. Some will be available.
– Hand sanitizer will be available. Encourage use of hand sanitizer after sharing equipment. You may want to bring your own.
– Only bottled water will be provided. You may want to bring your own snacks and drinks.
– Bring your own equipment and gear if possible.
– Seating is sometimes limited. Bring a lawn chair for better distancing.
– Medals will still be given at the events but presentations may be different.
– In the event of a lightning delay, exit the facility and socially distance in a safe shelter or vehicle.
– Do not attend events if you are sick, covid positive, have symptoms of covid or told to isolate or quarantine.
WE ARE SO GRATEFUL FOR THESE SPONSORS WHO SUPPORTED
POLK SENIOR GAMES THROUGH THE “OFF” YEAR
Publix Super Markets Charities
The James W. Sikes Family
CPS Investment Advisors
Humana + BestValue Healthcare
CarePlus Health Plans
Frank and Mary Brooks
Better Living for Seniors
Pat and Bob Bazley
Foot and Ankle Associates, Drs. Odro, Fazekas, & Werd
Nancye Thornberry Family
Frank and Sandy Collins
Ron and Lois Shultz
Janey and Larry Powell
Polk County ElderCare Guide
Good Shepherd Hospice
Winter Haven Dermatology